Putty has been engineered to simplify surgical procedures and is one of the easiest products to use for osseous regeneration. It is available in multiple formats – shells, syringes & cartridges. It can be placed directly into the defect and does not require any mixing or handling.
NovaBone Dental Putty
Instructions for Use
- Putty has been engineered to simplify surgical procedures and is one of the easiest products to use clinically for osseous regeneration
- No mixing is required
- Putty can be placed into the defect immediately after opening the package
- Putty is engineered such that the material cannot be over-packed into the defect site
Availability & Usage
NB Putty is available in single and multipacks with 0.5cc – 2.0cc sizes.
- Clam Shell (Tray) –
- Easy to handle,
- Can be used with any hand instrument,
- Does not stick to gloves or instruments
- Syringe –
- Absolutely no handling required;
- Expressed directly into the defect site;
- Ideal for extraction sites, sinuses, cysts, third molar extractions, etc.
- Cartridge –
- Snap pre-filled cartridges into the dispenser to dispense
- Ideal for minimally invasive surgeries, hard to access defects, immediate implant surgeries, Peri implantitis cases, etc.
- Ideal for Tunnel grafts, Osteotome Technique, Furcation defects, etc.
- Compared to other Putty products:
- NB Putty is available in multiple formats and sizes
- Priced competitively and lower than most putty products
- The only moldable Putty!
- Best-in-class handling characteristics
- Industry first & Unique – Cartridge Delivery System!!
Mixing with Autograft / Allograft
- Putty does not require any mixing, however if mixing is desired with Autograft or Allograft a "layer technique" is advocated
- Place Putty & Autograft (or allograft) in layers instead of premixing them outside
- This will help maintain the handling properties of Putty
Use of Membrane
- Putty demonstrates a natural ability to prevent epithelial down-growth
- If primary closure is achievable, no membrane is required
- Membrane not required
- Periodontal surgeries / Furcation surgeries
- Small extraction sockets
- Cystic regeneration with mucosal coverage
- Membrane required
- Large extraction sockets
- Ridge Augmentation
- Large Fenestration/Dehiscence
- Putty can be used in unique ways and indications
- Putty is the easiest to use around implants during immediate implant surgeries as it provides good surface adaptation against the implant surface
- Putty is ideal for furcation defects where most particulate materials have retention issues
- Also in ridge augmentation surgeries in the mandible, where putty can be molded to the desired shape